Most of the motorcycle users have a common problem of not being able to get rid of their old model and feel frustrated seeing it lying useless in the garage. Used motorcycles are a nuisance for owner both in terms of maintenance costs as well as unpleasant appearance. The more you keep your motorcycle lying useless, the more it gets degraded. There is no point of keeping it with you as over time its value will keep on depreciating. The best way is to sell it to a person who is interested in buying used cars. You may find it a bit difficult initially as you won’t be having any prior experience in sell used motorcycle. However, with some planning and research, you can make the whole transaction process a lot easier.
Things to prepare for selling motorcycle
- Prepare all the necessary documents: Before you decide to put an offer to sell used motorcycle, make sure that you have all the required documents along with you. These documents include title, repair records, warranty, registration, etc. Potential buyers will ask you to show them these documents as they would want to make sure that you are a genuine seller and there are not fake records of your motorcycle.
- Clear your schedule from all pending engagements: For selling motorcycle, you will have to take our time from your busy schedule for searching potential buyers and negotiating with them. The buyers will communicate you as per their convenience which might affect your routine work. In such a scenario, you will have to fix a certain time and place for all the transaction work. Your time and effort are worth spending as you will be able to sell used motorcycle for top dollars if you are able to convince the buyer and negotiate at a higher price.
- Prepare your bike: Before you meet the buyer, make sure that your motorcycle is in good condition. If you don’t want to spend money on its repairs, you can at least spare some of your time in cleaning it from outside. Washing your motorcycle will remove the dust gathered on the body which will give a good impression to the buyer. You can also apply some wax after washing to give your motorcycle a shining look.
- Finalize meeting point: It is important that you finalize your meeting point and time with the buyer to avoid any kind of delays and confusions. Make sure that you select a safe place for meeting in order to prevent any kind of scam. The best places for the meeting are public ones as no one will try to harm you in a crowded area. If possible, you can ask one of your friends to accompany for support.
- Arrange for test rides: Most of the buyers want to test the condition of your motorcycle before they agree on finalizing the deal. You must plan in advance appropriate time and safe place for a test drive in order to prevent any kind accident. Before you hand over your motorcycle to the buyers for a test drive, make sure that they have a genuine license. Also, ask them to sign an undertaking to make sure that you are not responsible for any mishap during the drive.
- Ask for instant cash: Make sure that the buyer pays you full amount at the time of handing over your motorcycle. Sometimes the buyers offer you a token amount and promise to pay the rest in installments. Do not accept such offers and it is very difficult to track the buyers after they take away your motorcycle.