April 26, 2016
Our Commitment to Privacy
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our site (also synonymous with landing pages) or use our IVR (Integrated Voice Response) you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you actively choose to disclose (“Active Information”) and information collected, in a way not visible to you, on an aggregate anonymous basis as you and others browse our site or use our IVR (“Passive Information”).
- No Use of Our Site or IVR by Persons Under 18
No person under 18 should disclose information on this site or participate in any of our programs. You may learn more about protecting children’s privacy online by visiting http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html.
- Active Information You Choose to Provide
In order to participate in any directory referral system we may offer, we may ask you to provide contact information to pass through to buyers who are listed in our directory. You must be a U.S. resident and over 18 to provide such information. By providing your contact information, you agree that third parties from our directory may contact you and to receive email from us, or other parties, about related products and services.
- Passive Information Collected
- What is a Cookie?
You must allow cookies and pop-up windows to be active on your system to participate in our programs. Cookies are a feature of web browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, etc.) software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a site. They are small pieces of data that are stored by a user’s web browser on one site to simplify subsequent interactions with that site by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user’s transaction on related web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from site to site and to complete transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
- Our site utilizes cookies to collect information about how our site and IVR are used. Passive Information gathered may include the date and time of visits, the site pages viewed, time spent at our site, the sites visited just before and just after our site. If you do not wish to transmit “cookie” information about yourself, you may turn off the cookie function in your web browser; please consult the “Help” section of your browser to correctly do so.
- Our site’s servers also automatically identify your computer by its Internet Protocol address which is a unique string of numbers that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. Your IP address may be used to address problems with our server or administer our site or to gather broad demographic information about our members.
How Do We Use the Information Collected?
Broadly speaking, persons we employ directly, or as contractors or agents at our direction, use Active Information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer services such as support, and distributing information about products and services that you have requested. We may use the Active Information or Passive Information you provide to us to contact you about changes to our site, new services, features or products we offer, or other information we think you shall find valuable. If at any time you do not wish to receive such information, you may “opt-out” as per the Contact Us section of the site.
We use Passive Information to gather information about our members and to enhance and design our site to make it easier, faster and friendlier to use. Additionally, cookies help us know information about how many people visit our site, when they visit and how they use our service. Passive Information may result in your viewing of particular advertising based on your user habits for your viewing on our site and a shopping experience customized to you in content, services and goods.
Who Do We Share Information With?
- Sharing Information with Marketing Partners
- We may share your information for the purpose of offering you products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- Sharing Information in Other Scenarios
- We may be required by subpoena, law or government agency to disclose both Active and Passive Information you have provided to us. Should we buy or sell assets of our company, another company may need to review our company’s assets, including your information, to make business decisions as to whether to acquire such assets. The parties who perform services for us (credit card processors, merchant bank, our Internet Service Provider) may also have access to your information in performing such services.
How Do We Secure Active Information and Passive Information?
We secure your personal information submitted by you by using reasonable technical efforts to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, or accidental loss or destruction of Active Information and Passive Information. Efforts we may take to ensure the security include but are not limited to: maintaining servers under our private control, data encryption and/or monitoring of our network and data for intrusions. Communications you may have with us via email or snailmail may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures are in place prior to your sending information. Therefore, if you choose to communicate with us through these means, you are assuming the risk of doing so and we request that you do not send or post sensitive information through these means.
How Can You Choose Not to Receive Information About Products or Services By Us or to Correct, Delete or Access Your Information
If you desire not to receive information about products or services we think may be of interest to you or if you wish to access, delete or correct your information, please contact us as per the information in the Contact Us section of this site
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed, within the past calendar year, personal information pertaining to you and your family for the company’s direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. To obtain such information you must make a request in writing. Your request must include your name and email address, the URL for the site you visited, and a return address or it will not be processed. We will not honor such requests more than once per calendar year. Please snail mail your request as per the information in the Contact Us section of this site.
YOUR USE OF OUR SITE AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN OUR PROGRAMS MEAN THAT YOU ACCEPT THE PRACTICES SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE POLICY BY POSTING THE NEW VERSION WITH A NEW DATE. YOUR CONTINUED USE INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE CHANGES.