There is no point in keeping an old motorcycle in your garage only adds to your never-ending troubles. You have to first bear all the mess it creates and then spend your hard-earned money for its useless repairs. The best way to get rid of all your troubles is to sell your motorcycle to a potential buyer who is willing to pay you top dollar. It will not only eliminate all your troubles, but you will have cash in hand to spend on a new motorcycle. This way, you will also don’t have to worry about disposing of your motorcycle.
What is the process to sell a motorcycle?
While selling a motorcycle, you have to make sure that you carefully follow the steps of the transaction and follow all recommendations. A detailed step by step process is as under:
Preparing your motorcycle and documents ready in advance:
- Clean your motorcycle: Getting your motorcycle clean always helps as it gives a good impression on the buyer. This way, you will be better able to negotiate on your expected price. To clean your motorcycle, you must first remove all the dust with a dry cloth. Make sure that the cloth is soft, otherwise, it will create scratches on the surface. Once the dirt is removed, wash your motorcycle with water. If possible, use a high-pressure pipe as some of the dirt gets deposited over time, and it becomes difficult to remove it with low pressure. After your motorcycle is cleaned, leave it to dry, and after that apply some wax to add some shine to the surface.
- Get necessary repairs done: In case your motorcycle needs minor repairs, get them done. Even though these repairs would cost you a bit, it will increase the value of your motorcycle. No buyer wants to pay top dollars for a damaged motorcycle.
- Acquire knowledge regarding the market of used motorcycles: Since you don’t have any prior experience in selling a motorcycle, you must first acquire basic knowledge about the industry by doing some research on market price and demand. Once you are well informed, you will be in a better position to negotiate with the buyer.
- Set the selling price with a margin: Before the negotiation process starts, you must keep in mind the selling price that you are going to put for your motorcycle. Make sure that the selling price is slightly higher than your expectations. This would provide you with a margin during the negotiation process.
Effectively communicating with the buyers:
- Make sure that the buyers are credible: Before you sell your motorcycle to a buyer, make sure they are credible and professional. Sometimes, along with genuine buyers, scammers also contact you. They provide you lucrative offers to gain your attention and then dupe you of your money afterward.
- Meet in person: Selling a motorcycle is a lot easier when you meet the buyer in person. This way, the buyer can physically observe the condition of your motorcycle, and if he is impressed, there is a high chance that he may be willing to pay top dollar for it.
- Arrange for a test drive for the buyer: Most of the buyers are interested to ride your motorcycle before then finalize the deal. As such, you must arrange for a test ride. Make sure that you select a safe place. Also, ask someone to accompany you for support.
- Ask the buyer to pay you the amount in cash: When you finally sell your motorcycle to the buyer, make sure that he pays you the amount in the form of cash. Sometimes, the buyers tend to offer partial payment and promise to pay the rest of the amount in installments. However, such buyers seldom turn up in the future, and you are left with delayed payment. If you are accepting the amount in a check, do remember to check all the credentials.
If you are interested to sell your motorcycle and earn top dollar, then you must consider contacting thebikebuyers.com, as they are a highly rated company in the US and offers high-quality services to their clients.